Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free
The key ingredients in this recipe are the tahini and chickpeas. Yep, I know I know – I was skeptical at first too, but they really create the perfect texture of dough. Reminding me of the days of making cookies (or attempting to at least) and ending up devouring most of the dough instead… but hey, why cook most of the goodness out of it anyway?!
These are the perfect healthy treat, lunchbox snack and protein fix. Who said you can’t eat raw cookie dough and not feel bad about it!?
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (no added salt)
- 4 tbsp coconut nectar (or agave, maple syrup etc)
- 3 tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- pinch of baking soda
- 1.5 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- Blend the chickpeas, sweetener of choice, tahini, vanilla, salt and baking soda in a food processor until smooth, transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in 3 tbsp choc chips and set aside the rest for the coating. Form into balls by using two spoons to achieve desired size and shape and place on baking paper and put in freezer until solid.
- Melt the remaining choc chips with butter and stir until both have melted and is runny and smooth, remove from heat.
- Using a fork, dip one ball into the melted chocolate, turning until covered. (This works better when you do it quickly before the balls start to defrost too much)
- Continue with the rest of the balls and place on baking paper and return to freezer until solid.
If you choose to re-create any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram or Facebook #veganwithbambi so I can see! 🙂