This was my breakfast with the lovely Liz (Funky Forest Food) – http://funkyforestfood.blogspot.com.au/
Lately for breakfast I’ve been craving warm and super filling meals rather than raw fruit based breakfasts. So of course I’m going with what my body is craving rather than restricting! This morning Liz and decided to make a yummy breakfast for us to share. vanilla chai spiced quinoa porridge, oat & raisin cookies plus two protein packed green smoothies!
For the Vanilla Chai Spiced Quinoa Porridge:
- 2 cups white quinoa (thoroughly rinsed)
- mixed spice/cinnamon/star anise/cardamon
- vanilla extract
- almond milk
- Once the quinoa is rinsed, transfer to a large saucepan and pour enough almond milk so that it is just covering the quinoa.
- Add the spices & vanilla. Bring to the boil.
- Once it has started to boil, bring it down to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for about 6 minutes (stirring in between) until the quinoa is nice and fluffy.
- Serve with poached fruit, coconut and more milk if desired.
If you choose to re-create any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram or Facebook #veganwithbambi so I can see! 🙂