I’ve adapted this recipe to make it gluten-free from the amazing recipe book: Isa Does it! Available here: http://www.amazon.com/Isa-Does-It-Amazingly-Delicious/dp/0316221902 I also added more spice and substituted some of the ingredients to make it healthier! This dish tastes so close to the original one you would get at your local Thai restaurant!
- 1 packet firm tofu, cut into 1 cm cubes
- Olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets & thinly sliced stems
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups spring onion, chopped
- 1 cup coriander
- Gluten free rice noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp diced tomatoes (or tomato paste)
- 5 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar (or any other sweetener)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup water
- I used a stock pot but it would be better in a wok that can take a very high heat. Preheat the pan over high heat. Once the pan is good and hot, apply 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the cubed tofu and sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp salt. The tofu is should immediately sizzle when it hits the hot pan; otherwise turn up the heat. Cook for about 7 mins tossing often until it’s nicely browned.
- To prepare the sauce in the meantime: mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce so that it is as smooth as possible and set aside.
- When the tofu is browned, transfer it to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm. In the same pan, cook the broccoli in 2 tsp of the oil with the remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Cover the pan in between stirring to get it to cook faster. It should take about 5 mins and be lightly charred in some places. Transfer to the same plate as the tofu.
- Lower the heat to medium, cook the garlic in the remaining tsp of oil about 15 secs. Add the spring onion and coriander and toss just to get it wilted. Now pour in about half the sauce and heat it through.
- Add the noodles and toss to coat. Then add back the tofu and broccoli, the bean sprouts, the remaining sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, top with peanuts, lime and extra coriander if desired!
Most importantly, enjoy!
If you choose to re-create any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram or Facebook #veganwithbambi so I can see! 🙂