Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes about 2 large jars.
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 & 1/2 cups activated buckwheat
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup activated hazelnuts (soaked previously for at least 2 hours)
- 1 cup activated walnuts (soaked previously for at least 4 hours)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup/agave/rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut flakes
1. In a large bowl combine oats, buckwheat, coconut flakes, cacao powder, cinnamon, chia seeds and coconut sugar. Roughly chop activated nuts and add them to the mix.
2. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine until smooth.
3. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and fold evenly to combine the coconut oil with the cacao.
4. Spread mixture out in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact. Set dehydrator to 115°F/46ºC for 10 hours.
**alternatively if you don’t have a dehydrator, you can leave in the oven for a much shorter period of time, check every 20 minutes to see once it has become crispy**
If you choose to re-create any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram #veganwithbambi so I can see! 🙂