Vegan, Gluten Free
- 2 cups gluten free oats or quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 1 1/2 cups dried shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp acai powder
- 2 tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- Toast your flaked almonds and oats in a frypan, making sure you mix the mix with a spatula/wooden spoon for about 3 minutes on medium heat. Transfer oats and almonds to a mixing bowl and toast your coconut separately on a medium-low heat for roughly 4 minutes. Stop when coconut is mostly all golden brown. Transfer to the bowl with the other dry ingredients!
- Put the coconut oil, tahini and maple syrup in the saucepan, over medium heat and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low-med when it starts to boil and stir for a few minutes. Once it starts to get frothy, stir for another 30 seconds and turn the heat off. **If you’re using coconut oil, don’t boil it, just heat gently until it melts, which should take under a minute, and then combine with the tahini and maple syrup**
- Add the acai powder and goji berries to the oats mixture and stir through. Slowly pour in your caramel looking mixture, adding in batches and mixing after each addition.
- Press the mixture into a tin lined with baking paper, and shove in the fridge overnight!
- Take out of the fridge and cut into muesli bar sizes! You can drizzle this with cacao sauce for a sweeter version! (Simply: 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil & 1/4 cup maple syrup!)