Vegan, Gluten Free
4 beetroots (peeled & cut into large chunks)
2 garlic cloves (peeled)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 brown onion (peeled & sliced)
1 cup walnuts
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp tahini
Lemon juice to taste
Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190°C
2. Place beetroots, walnuts & garlic into a large lined roasting tray
3. Drizzle with oil & toss to coat evenly, sprinkle with salt & pepper and roast for 25 minutes
4. Add onion to tray & roast for a further 10 minutes
5. Remove from oven & set aside to cool.
6. In a food processor blend roast veg, roast walnuts, cumin, tahini and lemon juice on low speed until desired consistency.
If you choose to re-create any of my recipes be sure to tag me on instagram #veganwithbambi so I can see!